Grilled Tilapia Tacos with Fresh Mango Avocado Salsa
Total Time: 30 min.
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cooking Time: 10 min.
Yield: 4 servings, 1 taco each
½ medium mango, chopped
¼ medium red onion, finely chopped
½ medium avocado, chopped
½ medium jalapeno pepper, seeds and veins removed, chopped
2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt), divided use
1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
1 lb. raw whitefish (or tilapia, or cod, or mahi mahi), washed, patted dry
4 (6-inch) corn tortillas, warm
1 cup shredded red cabbage
4 lime wedges (for garnish; optional)
1. Preheat grill or broiler on high.
2. To make mango avocado salsa, combine mango, onion, avocado, jalapeno, cilantro, ¼ tsp. salt, and lime juice in a medium bowl; toss gently to blend. Set aside.
3. Season fish with remaining ¼ tsp. salt.
4. Grill or broil fish for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
5. Evenly top tortillas with fish, cabbage, and salsa. Serve with lime wedges.