Total Time: 38 min.
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cooking Time: 18 min.
Yield: 4 servings, 2 fajitas each
1½ tsp. olive oil
2 medium green (red or yellow) bell peppers, cut into strips
1 medium onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 lb. raw extra-lean beef sirloin, cut into 2-inch strips
1 tsp. ground chili powder
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
½ cup fresh salsa
8 6-inch corn tortillas, warm
4 Tbsp. reduced-fat (2%) plain Greek yogurt
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add bell peppers and onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes, or until onion is translucent and peppers are tender.
3. Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
4. Add beef, chili powder, cumin, pepper flakes, and salt; cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 to 8 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink.
5. Add salsa; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through.
6. Evenly top each tortilla with beef mixture, yogurt, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice.